Northern Seminary is seeking a full-time Business Manager who will support the business and accounting functions of Northern Seminary. The Business Manager will be responsible for various accounting functions including accounts payable, accounts receivable, report preparation and journal entry. This position provides oversight to the Maintenance Manager and is responsible for managing all service contracts for the Seminary and related business functions of the Seminary.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn principles of non-profit accounting
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel
- Strong administrative, interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as a team player
- Strong attention to detail
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge and experience using Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to manage multiple projects and frequent interruptions
- Strong time management skills necessary
Education and Experience:
The following are strongly preferred:
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, business administration or related field
- Experience in non-profit accounting
- Knowledge and experience using accounting software and donor management software
This is a full-time position with 37.5 hours per week over 5 work days. Busier times during the year may require additional hours. Flexibility is essential.