Professor of New Testament
Dr. McKnight obtained his Ph.D. at the University of Nottingham (1986).
Dr. Scot McKnight is a world-renowned speaker, writer, professor and equipper of the Church. He is a recognized authority on the historical Jesus, early Christianity, and the New Testament. His blog, Jesus Creed, is a leading Christian blog. A sought after speaker, he has been interviewed on several radio and television programs as well as spoken at numerous local churches, conferences, colleges, and seminaries in the United States and around the world. Scot McKnight is a member of the Society of Biblical Literature and the Society for New Testament Studies. McKnight’s books have been translated into Chinese, Korean, Russian, and Portuguese.
- The King Jesus Gospel (Zondervan, 2011)
- James (Eerdmans, 2010)
- One. Life: Jesus Calls, We Follow, (2010)
- The Jesus Creed for Students (Paraclete, 2011)
- The Jesus Creed: Loving God, Loving Others (Paraclete, 2004)
- Embracing Grace: A Gospel for All of Us (Paraclete, 2005)
- The Story of the Christ (Baker, 2006)
- Praying with the Church (Paraclete, 2006)
- The Real Mary: Why Evangelical Christians Can Embrace the Mother of Jesus (Paraclete, 2007)
- A Community called Atonement (Abingdon, 2007)
- Days Living the Jesus Creed (Paraclete, 2008)
- Finding Faith, Losing Faith (Baylor, 2008)
- The Blue Parakeet: Rethinking How You Read the Bible (Zondervan, 2008)
- Who Do My Opponents Say I am?
- Jesus and His Death (Baylor, 2005)
- A Light among the Gentiles (Fortress, 1992)
- A New Vision for Israel (Eerdmans, 1999)
- Turning to Jesus (Westminster John Knox, 2002)
- Galatians (Zondervan, 1993)
- 1 Peter (Zondervan, 1996)
- Interpreting the Synoptic Gospels (Baker, 1988)
- The Dictionary of Jesus and the Gospels (IVP, 1992)
- The Historical Jesus in Current Study (Eisenbraun’s, 2005).
McKnight’s current projects are commentaries on the Sermon on the Mount (Zondervan) and Colossians (Eerdmans) as well as a book on Paul’s spirituality and Jesus’ vision for the kingdom of God.
2012 Speaking Schedule
Lincoln Berean Church
August 28, 29
Ozark Christian College
The Demise of the Authentic Jesus
Point Loma University
San Diego, CA
Faith and Culture Conference
Word of Life Church
St. Joseph, MO
Fuller Theological Seminary
Lecture on Atonement
Word Made Fresh Lecture [AAR/SBL]
Partnering to Prevail