Cross Register with ACTS
Northern Seminary students are encouraged to take advantage of the wealth of educational resources represented in the Association of Chicago Theological Schools (ACTS). Members of the ACTS Consortium include:
- Catholic Theological Union
- Chicago Theological Seminary (United Church of Christ)
- Garrett-Evangelical Theological Seminary (United Methodist Church)
- Lutheran School of Theology at Chicago (ELCA)
- McCormick Theological Seminary (Presbyterian Church, USA)
- Meadville/Lombard Theological School (Unitarian Universalist Association)
- North Park Theological Seminary (Evangelical Covenant Church)
- Northern Baptist Theological Seminary (American Baptist Churches, USA)
- Trinity Evangelical Divinity School (Evangelical Free Church of America)
- University of St. Mary of the Lake (Roman Catholic)
You can visit the ACTS website by clicking HERE. NOTE: most of the ACTS seminaries are on semesters, so registrations must be sent prior to their registration as well. Students who are in cross-registered courses are governed by the educational policies of the offering school. Please note that Seabury Western is no longer participating in exchange cross-registrations. You may contact Seabury directly to register for one of their courses.
Students enrolled in Master's degree programs at Northern may cross-register at any of these seminaries during the Fall, Winter or Spring terms after completion of 12 hours of study at Northern. M.Div. students are limited to 30 hours through cross-registration. Students in two-year degree programs are limited to 21 hours.
Students must download and complete the electronic form below and submit it electronically to Northern's Registrar before the end of Northern's term registration. Click HERE to open and download the electronic ACTS Cross-Registration Form, then e-mail the completed form to .