Christian Community Development
Through a partnership with Lawndale Community Church and working with the Christian Community Development Association (CCDA), Northern offers a Doctor of Ministry with an emphasis in Christian Community Development. Each student is required to attend three CCDA conferences held in the fall of each year. In addition, students choose to participate in an Immersion Experience either in Chicago or Africa. Finally, all cohort students spend a week in the Lawndale neighborhood of Chicago "Exploring Christian Community Development" with Rev. Dr. Wayne Gordon and Dr. John Perkins.
The cost of the DMin in Christian Community Development is $16,800 and can be paid on a monthly basis throughout the program. For complete information, please contact Northern Seminary's admissions office at 630.620.2180, or email .
- Immersion Experience in Chicago or Africa
- Study with top leaders in the Christian Community Development Movement
- Engage in your education with practical, hands-on learning
- Foster relationships with other cohort students for future ministry networking.
Required Core Courses
- Becoming Doctors of the Church
- Biblical and Theological Reflection in Ministry and Culture
- Thesis Proposal and Research Methodology
- DMin Thesis