Offered in partnership with the Center of Excellence in Congregational Leadership (CECL), the Doctor of Ministry emphasis in Congregational Leadership requires attendance at 5 seminars offered at the Green Lake Conference Center in Green Lake, Wisconsin. Recognized nationally as a wonderful tool for enhancing leadership, CECL provides a great alternative to the traditional DMin In order to pursue this emphasis, the student must be accepted to both Northern and CECL.
The cost of the DMin in Congregational Leadership is $13,000 (includes all seminar fees) and can be paid on a monthly basis throughout the program. For complete information, please contact our admissions office at 630.620.2180 or .
Excellence in Congregational Leadership Seminars
- Session 1 focuses on prayer and personal and pastoral integrity
- Session 2 brings focus to visioning, strategic planning and leading change
- Session 3 centers on creating and strategically implementing vision
- Session 4 begins by focusing on leadership and involves key lay leaders from your church
- Session 5 is the final session and helps you find your unique excellence in preaching
Required Core Courses
- Becoming Doctors of the Church
- Biblical and Theological Reflection in Ministry and Culture
- Thesis Proposal and Research Methodology
- DMin Thesis
Download the Turabian and Format Simplified PDF HERE.