DMin in Spiritual Transformation
In partnership with the Transforming Center, headquartered at The Loretto Center in Wheaton, IL, Northern offers a Doctor of Ministry degree in Spiritual Transformation.
The Transforming Center desires to see churches and Christian organizations become communities of authentic spiritual transformation– and that begins with transforming leaders. Thus we seek to strengthen the souls of pastors and leaders, equipping them to guide their churches and organizations to become spiritually transforming communities that discern and do the will of God in their settings.
The DMin in Spiritual Transformation consists of eight retreats over a two year period through the Transforming Center, three core classes offered through week-long intensives through Northern Seminary, and a final thesis.
Transforming Community Retreats
- Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership: Invitation to Transforming Community
- A Leader's Journey into Solitude and Silence
- Prayer: Deepening Our Intimacy with God
- Engaging the Scriptures for Spiritual Transformation
- Flesh and Blood Spirituality: Honoring the Body as a Spiritual Discipline
- Experiencing Transformation through Self-Knowledge, Self-Examination, and Confession
- The Art and Practice of Discernment
- A Rule of Life: Arranging Our Lives for Spiritual Transformation
Visit this page for further details on Transforming Communities and retreats.
Northern Core Courses
- Becoming Doctors of the Church
- Biblical and Theological Reflection in Ministry and Culture
- Thesis Proposal and Research Methodology
- DMin Thesis
The cost of the DMin in Spiritual Tramsformation is $21,000 and can be paid on a monthly basis throughout the program.
Below are a few short videos of Christian leaders talking about the life-changing experiences they had as members of a Transforming Community.