DMin in Transforming Leadership
In partnership with the Transforming Center, headquartered at The Loretto Center in Wheaton, IL, Northern offers a Doctor of Ministry degree in Transforming Leadership.
The Transforming Center desires to see churches and Christian organizations become communities of authentic spiritual transformation– and that begins with transforming leaders. Thus we seek to strengthen the souls of pastors and leaders, equipping them to guide their churches and organizations to become spiritually transforming communities that discern and do the will of God in their settings.
In order to participate in this program of study, students must apply and be admitted to BOTH the Leading a Transforming Church program through the Transforming Center and Northern Seminary's Doctor of Ministry program. Please note, this is a follow up to the Transforming Community experience.
The DMin in Transforming Leadership consists of nine retreats over a two-year period through the Transforming Center, three core classes offered through week-long intensives through Northern Seminary, and a final thesis.
Transforming Community Retreats
- Understanding and Guiding Others on a Spiritual Journey: Stages of Faith and Human Development
- Healthy Congregations: A Systems Approach to Transformation in Community
- A Systems Approach to Leadership in Community
- Beyond Teamwork: Cultivating Community at Leadership Level
- Leadership Discernment: Seeking God's Will Together
- The Role of the Mind: Next Steps toward Psychological Health and Wholeness in Ministry
- Strengthening the Soul of Your Preaching and Teaching
- Leading a Transforming Church: A Strategic Approach to Becoming a Community to Spiritual Transformation
Visit this page for further details on Leading a Transforming Church retreats, including dates and locations.
Northern Core Courses
- Becoming Doctors of the Church
- Biblical and Theological Reflection in Ministry and Culture
- Thesis Proposal and Research Methodology
- DMin Thesis
Sept. 9-11, 2012 - Becoming a Transforming Community: Biblical, Theological and Practical Foundations
Nov. 4-6, 2012 - Guiding Others on the Spiritual Journey: Stages of Faith and Human Development Guest Presenter
Feb. 4-8, 2013 - DM 7015 Becoming Doctors of the Church, Lombard
Feb. 4-8, 2013 - DM 7020 Personal and Career Assessment
June 2-4, 2013 - Pursuing God's Will Together: A Discernment Practice for Leadership Groups
Sept. 15-17, 2013 - Transforming Leadership: Managing Self in the Midst of Anxiety
January 12-14, 2014 - Healthy Communities: Leading Change and Conflict Transformation
February, 2014 - DM 7045 Biblical/Theological Reflection on Ministry, Lombard
March 9-11, 2014 - Dual Track for pastors and organizational leaders, Track I: Transforming Worship and Preaching, Track II: [Transforming] Organizational Leadership
June 22-24, 2014 - Spiritual Formation, Outreach and Mission: Developing an Intentional Approach in Your Setting
January 2015 - DM 7060 Thesis Design, Lombard
January 2016 - Thesis
June 2016 - Graduate