Missional Church Ministry - Emphasis
The Missional Church Ministry emphasis is a ministry training experience like no other in the Chicago area.
With learning opportunities presented by some of today’s top Missional leaders, Northern Seminary offers individuals the chance to be trained in Missional leadership that is rooted in the Church and is focused on teaching students to:
- Think critically, creatively and faithfully about ministry in their context
- Reflect on and engage in shifting congregational paradigms
- Develop practical, authentic and culturally relevant ministries
Northern’s Missional Church Ministry emphasis is designed to fit the specific interests and needs of individuals interested in exploring a call to Missional Church Ministry. Specialized courses will prepare students for ministry leadership that is:.
Biblical. [Grounded in Scripture]
Combined with a comprehensive academic degree program that provides a solid foundation in the study of Scripture, church history, theology and ethics, specialized Missional Church Ministry courses challenge the student to authentically engage and meaningfully reflect on the core issues encountered in the contemporary context from a biblically-grounded perspective.
Missional. [Sharing Christ in Context]
Northern Seminary provides students with unique ways to learn how to share Christ in context. Students receive practical, culturally-relevant ministry training that will equip them for service in the field.
Personal. [Holistic, Relational Ministry]
Individuals pursuing the Missional Church Ministry emphasis benefit from Northern’s commitment to personal, holistic ministry training. From the availability of professors to engage in discussion and guide students in discerning their call, to the opportunity to connect with Missional Church practitioners already serving in the field, students experience a community that partners with them in their journey toward effective ministry leadership.
Is this program for me?
The Missional Church Ministry emphasis is for:
- Anyone interested in learning more about Missional Church Ministry
- Individuals who want to learn how to address the unique issues encountered in ministry in the contemporary context
- Pastors or congregational leaders who want to be challenged to think critically, creatively and faithfully about ministry in their context
What are the requirements of the Missional Church Ministry Emphasis?
The Missional Church Ministry Emphasis can be acquired by completing a combination of any five Missional Church Ministry electives as part of any of the following programs
- Master of Divinity
- Master of Arts in Christian Ministry
- Master’s Specialization
- Diploma of Ministry
- Diploma Specialization
Examples of Missional Church Ministry Electives include:
- Missional Theology
- Developing Emergent Leaders
- Missiology in Church and Culture
- Church in Postmodern Context
- Missional Church Leadership
For more information or to get started:
Northern is ready to work with you to make the pursuit of theological education a present reality!