Certificate in Spiritual Transformation
In partnership with the Transforming Center, headquartered at The Loretto Center in Wheaton, IL, Northern offers a Certificate in Spiritual Transformation.
The Transforming Center desires to see churches and Christian organizations become communities of authentic spiritual transformation– and that begins with transforming leaders. Thus we seek to strengthen the souls of pastors and leaders, equipping them to guide their churches and organizations to become spiritually transforming communities that discern and do the will of God in their settings.
In order to participate in this Certificate program, students must apply and be accepted into a Transforming Community through the Transforming Center. You will indicate that you wish to earn a Certificate in Spiritual Transformation through Northern Seminary as part of this application process. No additional application is necessary.
The Certificate in Spiritual Transformation consists of full participation in eight retreats over a two year period through the Transforming Center. Additionally, these retreats will be enhanced by carefully designed Certificate-level course work.
Transforming Community Retreats
- Strengthening the Soul of Your Leadership: Invitation to Transforming Community
- A Leader's Journey into Solitude and Silence
- Prayer: Deepening Our Intimacy with God
- Engaging the Scriptures for Spiritual Transformation
- Flesh and Blood Spirituality: Honoring the Body as a Spiritual Discipline
- Experiencing Transformation through Self-Knowledge, Self-Examination, and Confession
- The Art and Practice of Discernment
- A Rule of Life: Arranging Our Lives for Spiritual Transformation
The cost of the Certificate in Spiritual Transformation is $100 per retreat and is paid directly to Northern Seminary.
The total Certificate cost, including tuition and retreat fee's, is $900.
Visit this page for further details on Transforming Communities and retreats.