The Presidential Scholarship
The Presidential Scholarship is a 100% tuition scholarship awarded to up to 6 new students beginning in the Fall term of each academic year. It is a very unique opportunity for those sensing God's call on their life. Students will be encouraged, edified, and formed through a process of learning and mentoring.
Benefits of the Program
- Students are able to fully engage in academic and ministerial training without the financial concern of tuition
- Each student will be able to have a yearly coaching meeting with the President of Northern Seminary to discuss growth, learning opportunities, and church ministry
- Following graduation, students are able to audit a course at Northern for free each year in order to assist with life-long learning
To Be Considered, an Applicant Must:
- Have a degree from an accredited undergraduate institution with a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be admitted into a Masters program (MDiv or MACM)
- Submit a completed Presidential Scholarship application form (filling out the interest form below will initiate your receipt of this application from the Admissions office)
- Be able to articulate a call to ministry through a 2-3 page essay
- In addition to the required Northern admission application reference, Presidential Scholarship candidates must submit two additional references in support of their Presidential Scholarship application
- Participate in an on-campus interview
- Be committed to full-time study
Upon completion of the six steps above, the Scholarship Committee will evaluate the provided information and notify students as to whether or not he/she will be continuing on in the acceptance process, which will involve an on-campus interview.
In order to qualify for the Presidential Scholarship, students must be admitted to Northern Seminary and have all Presidential Scholarship Application materials turned into the Admissions Office no later than April 15th. Upon completion of the interview process, scholarship recipients will be chosen by the end of May for the following school year’s awards.