Constitution Day, September 17th
Happy Constitution Day! This little celebrated holiday commemorates September 17, 1787 when delegates to the Constitutional Convention met for the last time to sign the Constitution they had written. Northern Seminary sees Constitution Day as a great time to stop and pray for the United States of America and for all countries around the globe.
Things to pray for:
- President Obama and our elected officials – for safety and wisdom
- Wisdom in affairs both at home and abroad
- Reconciliation and peace
- God’s Kingdom and salvation to advance in our nation and in the world
All Americans are encouraged to observe this important day in the nation’s history by attending local events in your area. Celebrate Constitution Day through activities, learning, and parades celebrating the blessings of freedom our Founding Fathers secured for us. (Adapted from the Constitution Day website)
Want to test your Constitution Knowledge? Take this free quiz for fun!
- Northern Announces Partnership with Telos Collective
- Introducing Northern's New Team Members
- Stanley Hauerwas: Theology and Mission Lectureship
- Dr. Gerald Dew to lead Northern Seminary’s new Master of Arts in Urban Leadership program
- Northern Seminary Announces Expansion Plan To Transform Theological Education
For news media seeking comments from President Shiell or other seminary faculty or staff, please contact our communications team.
Phone: (630) 318-6004