Help Spend $70,000 For New Books
CARLI, the Consortium of Academic and Research Libraries in Illinois, ran a pilot program last year to allow patrons to select books to be purchased when searching the I-Share catalog. The pilot was a great success, and this year they have allocated $70,000 to be spent on ordering more new books that people request in I-Share. Just look for this information when searching I-Share:
Clicking on “Choose pick-up location” will generate a request to purchase the book. The University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign will purchase the book, catalog it, and then send the book through the normal I-Share courier system so you can borrow it. (The book is owned by UIUC and will be returned to them when you are done with it.) The pilot program last year only lasted 5 weeks until all available funds were spent, so in the best of Chicago traditions, “vote early and vote often” to help CARLI select the books to purchase this year!
- Northern Announces Partnership with Telos Collective
- Introducing Northern's New Team Members
- Stanley Hauerwas: Theology and Mission Lectureship
- Dr. Gerald Dew to lead Northern Seminary’s new Master of Arts in Urban Leadership program
- Northern Seminary Announces Expansion Plan To Transform Theological Education
For news media seeking comments from President Shiell or other seminary faculty or staff, please contact our communications team.
Phone: (630) 318-6004