The Mission of Preaching – November 6-7
We don’t live in an oral culture. Not even a written culture. We live in a visual culture.
So why preach from a text in an image driven culture? What good can a Sunday sermon have when everyone is bombarded by other messages all week long? What is preaching for anyway?
With these and many other questions in mind, the 2015 Missional Learning Commons will explore The Mission of Preaching (NOV. 6-7, Chicago, IL), hosted by Northern Seminary.
Friday, Nov. 6th (6:30-8:00pm)
- BOASTING IN WEAKNESS: Letting God be Revealed in Our Human Limitations
With Mandy Smith (book release of The Vulnerable Pastor: How Human Limitations Empower Our Ministry)
Saturday, Nov. 7th (8:30am-3:00pm)
- 8:30am – WORSHIP and PRAYER
- 9:00am – PREACHING: Proclaiming or Teaching, or…? ~ David Fitch
- 10:00am – POUR OVER SERMONS: Brewing in the Spirit ~ Tara Beth Leach
- 11:00am – BREAK
- 11:15am – RESURRECTION IMAGINATION: Good News in the Religious Marketplace ~ Matt Tebbe
- 12:15pm – LUNCH
- 1:00pm – PREACHING “THROUGH” AND “TO” VULNERABILITY ~ Mandy Smith
- 2:00pm – PANEL: SERMON PREPARATION DISCUSSION
If you are in or near Chicago, consider bringing your preaching team to this time of equipping and collaboration.
For news media seeking comments from President Shiell or other seminary faculty or staff, please contact our communications team.
Phone: (630) 318-6004