Let’s Journey Together
Northern Seminary’s vision is to prepare leaders who will faithfully serve Jesus Christ with evangelical passion and mission skills in biblically grounded and culturally relevant ministries to impact our local communities and the world.
Take a moment to complete the prospective student form below. We’ll reach out to you with more information about Northern Seminary.
The Admissions Team is here to help you in the next step.
Learn how seminary might
be the next step for you.
Find out what makes Northern unique.
Ready to start your seminary experience?
Have questions about the cost of seminary?
Wondering how you’ll afford it?
We have scholarships and financial aid opportunities to help.
Or call admissions (630) 620-2180
We’d love to tell you about the opportunities available at Northern Seminary.
Northern Seminary serves and trains ministers around the world. We are happy to help you in this process.
Applying for seminary should be simple.
Our Admissions Checklist helps you through the process and answers your questions.
Phone: (630) 620-2180
MASTER (MACM, MDIV, MANT, MATM, MAW & GRADUATE CERTIFICATE) APPLICANTS MUST SUBMIT:
1. A recommendation from your pastor. Download Form
2. Transcripts from all institutions attended. (Accredited bachelor’s degree required for admission.)
3. An autobiographical statement (400 words). Download Requirements
4. An academic essay (800 words). Download Requirements
5. A formal admissions interview with an admissions counselor or program director.
6. Application fee of $35.00.
Doctor of Ministry applicants must submit:
1. Three (3) personal references Download Form
2. Transcripts from all institutions attended. (Master of Divinity and 3 years of ministry experience required.)
3. A typed, 3-4 page, self evaluation of your ministry. Click for guidelines
4. An academic essay. Download evaluation rubric
5. A resume stating ministry roles and years of ministry you have completed, including name(s) of churches or organizations.
6. Application fee of $50.00.