Celebrating the Class of 2021
By: Northern Seminary
Congratulations to the class of 2021! This month, we graduated 65 pastoral leaders: the largest graduating class of Northern Seminary in over 60 years. Not since the days of Washington Boulevard—even before Judson University in Elgin began—have we conferred so many degrees. Amid the noise and chaos of our world, the class of 2021 has heard the voice of the Lord saying, “Whom Shall I Send and Who will go for us?” They replied, “Here am I send me.” Congratulations.
Here is just a snapshot of this gifted, global group:
- They serve in 20 states- from Maine to Hawaii
- Their churches partner with eight different Christian denominations
- They minister in four international countries
- They are missionaries in Rwanda, Bolivia, Canada, and the United States
- They are chaplains on the front lines through the Salvation Army
- They have planted churches in Utah, Idaho, Illinois, and San Antonio
In this newsletter, you’ll read just a few of their fantastic stories in ministry contexts, from Reno to Bolivia. We also celebrate the inaugural cohort of the Master of Arts in Urban Leadership under the leadership of Dr. Gerald Dew. Started on the South Side of Chicago in partnership with New Life Covenant Church Southeast, this degree program trains pastors and ministers serving in historically Black and multiethnic churches serving in the heart of the city.