Faith Leaders Symposium
September 27 @ 6:00 pm - 9:00 pm
Every year, the Master of Arts in Urban Leadership degree program sponsors a Faith Leaders Symposium. This year’s event will be held Wednesday, September 27th at the Third Baptist Church of Chicago. The event will feature faith leaders discussing the theme “Mastering Hybrid Ministry” and will give you a chance to learn more about the Master of Arts in Urban Leadership program at Northern. It will also serve as a catalyst event for under-funded pastors and church leaders to earn their Masters degree. We would love to have you join us. The event is free but registration is required.
Theme: Mastering Hybrid Ministry
“…I have become all things to all people so that by all possible means I might save some.” – 1 Corinthians 9:22
- Panel 1 Discussion: “Mastering Hybrid Ministry”: Pastoral Care, Christian Education, Discipleship, Worship, Evangelism
- Rev. Greg Armstrong, Renew Church; Director of Enrollment at Northern Seminary
- Jason Morris, Digital Church Network
- Panel 2 Discussion: “The Theology and Practice of Sabbath: A Healthy Rhythm of Work and Rest”
- Dr. James Brooks, Lawndale Christian Health Center
- Dr. Chris Dodd, New Community Church
- Dennis Bourne, Mercy Home for Boys and Girls
- Dr. Danielle Buhuro, Sankofa CPE Center, LLC
About the Rev. Dr. Adron Robinson
Rev. Dr. Adron Robinson serves as the first African American Senior Pastor in the 54-year history of Hillcrest Baptist Church located in Country Club Hills, Illinois. Pastor Adron holds a BA from DePaul University, a certificate in Urban Ministry from the Seminary Consortium for Urban Pastoral Education (S.C.U.P.E.), and a MDiv and DMin from Northern Seminary. He serves on the Executive Committee of the Southern Baptist Convention and was past President of the Illinois Baptist State Association.
Pastor Adron is passionate about men’s ministry and has established the Men’s Fraternity at Hillcrest Baptist Church. He believes that every man needs a man to help them understand and embrace manhood. Because of his belief, Pastor Adron has spent the last 12 years cultivating men to embrace and engage biblical manhood and to join the church in fulfilling the mission of God. He and Veronica, his lovely bride of 20 years, are committed to glorifying God in their marriage and ministry.
Provide Scholarship Money
If you would like to make a gift for our Urban Leadership scholarships, click here and choose “Urban Leadership Program.”Register for the Symposium
Can’t join us in person? You can watch the livestream here.