Beth Felker Jones
Professor of Theology
Master of Arts in Theology and Mission Private: Master of Arts in Women and Theology Doctor of Theology Doctor of Theology and Ministry Private: Doctor of Ministry in Women, Theology, and Leadership Master of Divinity Master of Arts in Christian Ministries Master of Arts in New Testament
Beth Felker Jones (PhD, Duke University) teaches theology at Northern Seminary, and loves to write for the church and the academy. She lives in the Chicagoland area with her husband Brian, four kids, two dogs, and Dwight, her theology cat.
Areas of Expertise
- Systematic Theology
- Christian Theology
- Gender and Theology
- Theologies of the Body
Duke University, Department of Religion, PhD, 2004
Major: Systematic Theology
Minor: Historical Theology, Women’s Studies
Graduate Certificate in Women’s Studies, 2002
Duke Divinity School, MTS, summa cum laude, 2000
DePauw University, BA, summa cum laude, 1998
Minor: Religious Studies
Study Abroad: School for International Training in Nairobi, Kenya, 1996
- American Academy of Religion
- Christian Theology Research Fellowship
- Wesleyan Theological Society
- Theological Commissioner from the North America Region, World Evangelical Alliance Theological Commission
- Theology I
- Theology II
- Christian Doctrines: Pneumatology & Eschatology
- Gender & Theology, Doctrine, Ministry
- Theology of the Human Body, Sexual Ethics, and the Family
Books & Resources
Books in Process of Publication
- Converting Love: Systematic Theology, Conversion, and Consent. Under contract with Oxford University Press. Expected 2024.
- Why I am a Protestant. Forthcoming with Intervarsity Press.
- Practicing Christian Doctrine: An Introduction to Thinking and Living Theologically. Baker, 2014. Second edition forthcoming, July 2023.
- Pandemic Prayers: Devotions and Prayers for a Crisis. Wipf & Stock, 2021.
See additional books and articles in her Curriculum Vitae.