FREE WEBINAR: The Great Gospel Experiment
Paul’s Vision for the Church and What it Means for You
Just how disruptive was the gospel? And how did Paul put the pieces back together again? And what did Paul think of slavery?
In Christ, all social barriers are broken down. And in Christ, all are built up. The church is God’s great social experiment where God gathers all manner of people—rich and poor, urban and rural, men and women, and people for all cultures. Discover Paul’s vision for the church and how he navigated these social disruptions.
In this webinar you will:
- Recognize the disruptive social experiment caused by the gospel
- Grasp Paul’s vision for the church
- Understand how Paul dealt with slavery in the church
- Learn how to preach the book of Philemon
Date: Monday, Jan. 30th at 11AM Central Time (12pm EST / 9AM PST)
Log-in: A link will be emailed to you in advance of the webinar
Presenter and Host
Dr. Scot McKnight (Presenter)
Julius R. Mantey Chair of New Testament
Scot is a world-renowned speaker, writer, professor and equipper of the Church. He is a recognized authority on the historical Jesus, early Christianity, and the New Testament. His blog, Jesus Creed, is a leading Christian blog. He also leads the Masters in New Testament and DMIN in New Testament Context.
Dr. Geoff Holsclaw (Host)
Affiliate Professor of Theology
Geoff is a pastor-theologian who is a co-pastor at Life on the Vine Church in the northwest suburbs of Chicago, and teaches at Northern Seminary. He is also the co-host of the Theology on Mission podcast.
- 05 AugMinistry in the Marketplace: Faith TalkWe will hear from Psychologist Dr. Rayvann Kee II about building new frameworks that help us see the marketplace as a mission field for ministry. Rayvann will empower us, as Christians, to lead through our faith in our respective industries. Event will end with prayer led by Pastor and Entrepreneur, Jerome Cook.
- 07 Aug
- 18 Aug
- 16 Jul
- 28 Jun
- 16 Jun
Latest Blog Entry
Seminary Provides Safe Space to Engage Difficult Questions
By: Northern Seminary
When Rick Pidcock decided to go to seminary, he was actually on a journey away from pursuing church leadership. He was also going through a challenging season of deconstructing his…Read Post View All Posts