President’s January Newsletter
We had a fantastic end of 2017 and start of 2018. Here are just a few highlights:
- 24 students and spouses attended January’s “Faith and Finance Seminar” led by Linda Owens and Gary Hoag
- Atherton Baptist Homes in Alhambra, California, welcomed 20 alumni and trustees for a wonderful dinner. Thank you, Craig Stratton, for hosting us.
- End of year giving to Northern increased 76% over this same time last year. Your generous response is so inspiring.
- Our 2018 graduating New Testament D. Min. cohort students will be publishing a new book in June on “Paul and Conflict Management.” Wipf and Stock is the publisher. Congratulations to Dr. Scot McKnight and our students.
Thank you to all who are participating…and investing in Northern Seminary.
As you might have heard, at the beginning of February, we are hosting an exciting “Taste of Northern” event.
During the week of February 5th we are opening our classes to anyone who wants to join. We are very excited, but we need your help.
Here are two ways you can support us:
- Pray that God would work in the students, professors, and guests, guiding and weaving his work among and through us.
- Consider inviting two people to attend these free classes. Think of people ready for the next step in their ministry preparation or are already thinking about seminary.
Mark your calendar for these upcoming events. Registration and information will be available soon on our website.
- April 12 Leadership Lunch with Dr. Lee Spitzer at the Lisle Center
- June 7-8 Brady Lecture with Professor Soong-Chan Rah
- June 9 Commencement at Christ Church of Oak Brook
For news media seeking comments from President Shiell or other seminary faculty or staff, please contact our communications team.
Phone: (630) 620-2188