President’s June Newsletter
June was another month of “firsts” at Northern Seminary.
- We graduated our first class of students (51) since we expanded to the Lisle Center at the Christ Church of Oakbrook. Rev. Dr. Fay Quanstrom, two-time alum of Northern Seminary, offered the Commencement Address and graduating members of the Masters of Arts in Worship cohort shared special music.
- We hosted four cohorts simultaneously at the Lisle Center. Every room was filled!
- Dr. Soong-Chan Rah keynoted the Brady Lecture for Theology and Mission focusing on Practicing Lament: Pathways to Mission.
- Northern’s Master of Arts in Worship Students released a new CD of songs they recorded as part of their degree program.
- The D. Min. in New Testament Context students published a book on Paul and Conflict Management.
- The Urban Leadership program hosted a re-entry symposium for formerly incarcerated persons.
Over 35 people from Northern Seminary Traveled Overseas.
- We sent 3 students to Jerusalem University College as part of the Next Year in Jerusalem program.
- The MA in New Testament cohort traveled on the Journeys of Paul trip with Dr. Scot McKnight.
The MA-CCD Program Launched.
- Our new MA in Christian Community Development began in June at the Lawndale Center with over 15 people enrolled in the degree program, including new students from the Cincinnati Center.
Thank you for your prayers and encouragement.
Save the Date
New Kind of Preacher Forum with guest speaker Dr. Kevin Cosby
– – – – –
Founder’s Day with guest speaker Dr. Derwin Gray
For news media seeking comments from President Shiell or other seminary faculty or staff, please contact our communications team.
Phone: (630) 620-2188