President’s March Newsletter
Dear Northern Friends,
We are here to serve you throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Last Friday, I shared a message with our Northern community on Facebook live. You may watch my message here. As you know this is a time of disease and disruption. Your safety and well-being are our highest priorities.
Illinois is under a shelter in place order. Northern’s Lisle Center staff will follow this directive, but the Spring Term will begin on time on March 30.
- Northern will continue to receive and send mail
- Voicemail will be returned promptly
- Spring Term will start on time March 30 and continue through Northern Live at least through April 30. New Students for this Spring term will receive 50% off their first class. Application fee will be refunded, and Technology fee will be waived. Register for Spring by March 26. Click here to enroll.
- If you’re having any financial problems or other concerns, please contact Linda Owens (email@example.com) for assistance.
- If you’re serving as a chaplain or clinician on the front lines of these issues in a medical clinic or facility, please let us know by contacting Marlene Minor so we can pray for you and support you (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Each Thursday from 1:30-3:00 p.m. I’ll be hosting a Northern Live workshop for pastors and church leaders. We will be sharing ideas, supporting one another, and problem solving together. Invite students, alumni, and ministry leaders to join us. To register, send an email to email@example.com or by filling out the registration form.
SUPPORT STUDENTS DURING THE CORONAVIRUS
Students are already experiencing short term economic challenges. Northern will be providing zero-interest loans to students to help them cover the ability to pay tuition and fees. Northern is also offering a discount to new students this Spring and waving technology fees for new students. You can sponsor a student who has financial need by going to our website, and clicking on the “sponsor a student” page. Your gifts will provide a needed safety net to students and Northern Seminary during this time.
HUGH HALTER JOINS NORTHERN’S TEAM
Hugh has been a leading voice in the missional church movement for the last two decades. He has served as a church planter, pastor, and consultant across the United States. His books include The Tangible Kingdom, Flesh, BiVo, and Sacrilege. He specializes in developing content for marketplace ministries with V3 and is also the U.S. Director of FORGE America.
The gospel is needed now more than ever. With the coronavirus already affecting employment, pastors and church planters will need to be trained and prepared to address the spiritual needs of workers and to start innovative ministries in Jesus’ name. To help train more pastors, entrepreneurs, and church planters, Northern is pleased to announce the addition of Hugh Halter to our team. Read more about Hugh and the work of the church planting institute at Northern.
NORTHERN LAUNCHES SAN ANTONIO CENTER
In Fall 2020, Northern Seminary opens its San Antonio Center, located at 708 W. Summit Ave in Midtown, in partnership with Mission City Renewal and The Impact Guild. Students in the San Antonio area can earn a Masters degree or certificate via interactive live-streaming classes in community with other local learners.
Want to learn more about Northern’s new center? Come to our Open House in San Antonio May 11, 2020. Our enrollment team is excited to meet with you and tell you why Northern should be your next step. You’ll learn about our mission and values, our programs and even get to experience a class via our Northern Live streaming technology.
Support the New Northern
By giving to Northern Seminary you are able to invest directly into the Kingdom of God through our students.
For news media seeking comments from President Shiell or other seminary faculty or staff, please contact our communications team.
Phone: (630) 620-2188